Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] gas supplies (campingaz)

WILLIAM KLEIN <sidecar1@...>

I switched to propane tanks. This is easily accomplished with standard small propane tanks, but the valve guard must be sortened to fit into the small locker so a welder must be consulted. The propane line fittings are available at any camping store. --Billl Klein Maramu 91 "Popeye"

----- Original Message -----
From: sy melmar y
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, April 13, 2006 3:36 AM
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] gas supplies (campingaz)

hello.
on our maramu we have a (quite) small gaslocker just outside the galley.
it has room for two campingaz (blue, 3kg) bottles. has anyone experiance
on avarage consumption (how long will a 3kg-bottle aprx last?) and where
we will get campingaz (around the world). what other ways are used to
get to cooking gas are used? i wouldn't like the idea too much to tie up
one of those huge bottles to our pushpit... we are "newcomers"/just
starting our circumnavigation - thanks for any ideas/hints.
marc, MELMAR Y, maramu #89, www.melmar.ch

Boating sailing