Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Hard Dinghy...

Nat Bossett

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 03:29:10PM -0400, 'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@gmail.com [amelyachtowners] wrote:
Anyone have one of these: http://www.porta-bote.com
I have one and like it for bay use: rowing only so far.

When rowing with only me (190 lbs) in the rower position, there isn't much
freeboard at the bow. However, I've rowed around with another guy about
my size in the rear seat and not had a problem.

They break down to a few relatively small pieces though not as small as a
collapsed inflatable. The hull stores along the lifelines as you would a
surfboard and the other pieces go in a bow locker.

Assembly is easy but needs a little more strength to fold/hold open while
you insert the benches than an inflatable would.

A non boat person or someone with
balance/frailty issues might be more challenged boarding/disembarking than
with a conventional inflatable or rigid dinghy.

-Nathan

Maramu #29