Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Bilge Pump cycle counter?

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Duane,

Close the only thru hull at the sea chest.

Think about it...where is the water going to come from that the gray water sump pump is going to pump out?

You are beginning to understand some of Henri Amel's thinking.

Bill
BeBe

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 9:22 PM, seafeverofcuan@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Dear Duane,

                  Please forgive me if I misunderstood your posting. Are you suggesting to leave your boat in the water and disconnect the batteries?
You have approximately 650 amps at 24volts, thats a lot of pumping.
As the master of the vessel, beware the pitfalls of mitigated negligence, knowingly disconnecting your bilge pump when afloat.
Best address that question to your insurer.
Best wishes with you new boat.
Kind regards,
Trevor Lusty
Seafever of Cuan