Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: battery drain output

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

OK, I uploaded Solar Panel Breakeven analysis and SM2k amp usage.xlsx to the FILES section Miscellaneous folder

Bill
BeBe 387

On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 1:14 PM, seafeverofcuan@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Bill,

        My rule of thumb is directed at sailing. Wind, sea conditions, colder temperatures and what the crew get up to when the skipper is off watch being variables.
On long passages I think it is well worth using the engine for larger sail changes,also it clears the exhaust manifold.
When anchoring I always start the engine rather than use battery power for the windlass.
I think I have that Excel from when you added the solar panels, but it would be a really a useful reference if you would post it.
Many thanks.
Trevor

Seafever