Good evening Andrew,
Looks like Eric answered your questions.
I just had my H6 Aito prop rebuild, there was 1 bearing a little stiff. I gain 200 rpm (full throttle).
The person that rebuild mine, said every 2000 engine hours, other say every 10 years…
I posted some files and pictures on:
The file will help you, the pictures will help for the removal, etc. but not the rebuild as I hired someone.
(My philosophy in not rebuilding myself was: it is done so rarely, I rather have someone familiar with it doing it - if it had been something done every other year, I would have learnt).
Hope that help a little.
SM2K #289 NIKIMAT
Taino Beach, Port Lucaya, Grand Bahama, Bahamas.
On Sat, 5/23/15, andrew.lamb@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: H6 AutoProp Overhaul Instructions/Parts Info Posted in Files Section
Date: Saturday, May 23, 2015, 11:13 AM
boat was on the dry and after the normal greasing of the
auto-prop H6, I noticed that one of the blades doesn't
turn as easily as the other two also when I push the grease
through the central cap it doesn't come out the side
blade grease hole like the other two. I have stripped it
down and the ball races, seals and central removable
bearings all seem ok the only difference that I can find is
what seems to be another bearing I don't think one that
can be changed which seems more tightly fixed into the blade
in the "bad" blade than the other two. Also I am
able to turn by hand the inner side of the bearing on the
two "good" blades. It does not look like this
bearing can be removed easily in any of the blades but on
the "good" blades if I syringe white spirit
through the side blade grease hole it trickles through
behind this bearing where as I can't get any white
spirit through in the "bad" blade side grease
hole. When I put it all back together the "bad"
blade feels marginally stiffer than the other two. The lips
seals seems fine on all of the blades.
I wondered if anyone had knowledge
or experience enough to know whether I should be too
concerned about one of the blades being slightly stiffer
than the other two and thoughts / advice on what to do