Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] New file uploaded to amelyachtowners

Andrew & Kate Lamb

Bill

Interestingly I didn’t see that file but in fact in the end, having exhausted many other attempts to get the race out, this is what I had to do to get the bearing race out – see my previous post – I drilled a small carefully positioned hole above where the inner bearing sits but below where the cap comes down to through to underneath the race – also opposite the grease entry point so that grease shouldn’t bypass the main channel through the central bearing.  Through this I was able to use a center punch to push the race out – it was not easy though this race split because it came out unevenly and I didn’t want to drill more than one hole – I then  required a metal chisel to get the rest out (the chisel was a written off by the end)  – because it was an exact fit to the channel rather than the correct race with is 1 mm smaller, the whole process was really difficult.

My dilemma now is whether to block this hole with resin just in case grease short cuts through it. Not sure at the moment. I am going to discuss in any case with Bruntons as this autoprop was clearly not correctly assembled in the first place.

Andrew

Ronpische

SM2k 472

Canet en Roussillion, France