- [Amel Yacht Owners] message from delivery captain input
Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] message from delivery captain input
Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
I will make these observations:
- When you get that 27mm Antal car for the mizzen, you should also get a small piece of 27mm track so that you can place the new car on the existing track without losing the new ball bearings. You might want to get this from Maud, as she will know what you are describing as I bought a small piece of 27mm track from her. When your boat was delivered new from Amel, it had this piece of track. I am curious as to how they lost the ball bearings. This usually happens when a track end piece comes off.
- Regarding the Genoa Furler, I looked at the drawing and I have no idea what he is describing. There are several drawings in the FILES section of the Owners Group. One is genoa furler Diagram.pdf which is 342KB...maybe small enough to send via sat phone to him...have him look at it and tell you what failed. Once you find out, then maybe you can get the part from Maud.
- The car on the mizzen boom is not a big deal, and is probably easy to find.
- The genoa furler was designed to have a manual backup system and from what they have described, they are following those procedures.
- I am not sure what he means when he says, Amel/Riza will want to know????
On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 4:33 PM, william_maffei@...
Hi all -
Wondering if anyone could chime in on this message received from my delivery captain... I am headed to Bermuda to meet the boat in a little over a week.
"Bill we found that to elements have failed over the last five days sailing in a breeze. One, the head sail furler has an issue. The drive plate that attaches to the motor appears to have seared it's bolts and will not drive the roller. ( Amel/Riza will want know,) This is not a pin failure but the plate under it, the one it engages.). We've got a fix working for now using a line crossed to the mast winches. The other is the car on the mizzen boom. The ball bearing have come free and it binds. I've rigged a work around for it now. You do need a car it is an Antal car for 27 mm track. See if you can find another and bring it to Bermuda.
It would be helpful if you brought a detail drawing of the head sail fuller to Bermuda. We shall shall run as we are the rest of the way. It a
ppears strong and safe."
Thanks as always for the help. So far this forum has been nothing but beneficial to me as a new owner.
Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.