race handicap

svcallisto369

For all you loony racers out there in cyberland, you will find a
Southern California PHRF handicap rating from 2004 posted in the file
section of this forum.
There is one error that I did not correct, in that the rating factors
for a lead keel instead of a cast iron keel. I think that this is
probably because cast iron keels are very unusual in the US and there
was no way the calculation could be done.
I would agree that The SM is not much of a windward leeward boat, but
can do fairly well off the wind on random leg races especially if
there is a decent breeze.
The beer, however, is always cold.
Regards,
MDL