From: closereach [mailto:closereach@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 6:04 PM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: engine change

Udo,

I have a 1989 Super Maramu with perhaps the same model M80T Perkins.
I suggest you give Foley Engines up in Mass a call or email--they
have everything you'll need to get your Perkins and Hurth
transmission running smoothly. Phone is 508-753-2979 or email
info@foleyengines.com. Even if your Perkins wasn't taken care of
properly and needs an overhaul, that may be a better (and less
costly) way to proceed.

Richard
SM#5 Spice

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Udo J. Reich" <udo@...>
wrote:

We are the new owners of a SM built in 1991 with the 80 hp Perkins
Turbo and
a Maxprop. I have several questions.

Has anybody changed engines and switched to the 4JH3-HTE Yanmar
engine?

If we keep the Perkins, we need new motor mounts. Any idea where to
get
them?

Anybody who has the same set up with the Maxprop. What is your
cruising rpm
and your max rpm under power?

Does anybody with a max prop and the 80 hp Perkins know the setting
of the
pitch of the prop?

I'd appreciate any input.

Udo J. Reich