Re: Engine change

amelforme

Dear Mr. Reich,

Is your Perkins engine in need of a re-build? I have a very
low hour VOLVO TMD 22 engine which is actually a Perkins
Prima/M80 Turbo with green paint. When Caterpillar bought
Perkins, initially they stopped Perkins from retail
marketing and instead focused on supplying other
manufacturers. Volvo marketed the Prima/M80T for several
years.

Anyway, I have one in a warehouse that was removed from a
Super Maramu because of a recurrent rear oil pan seal
failure where oil would leak out slowly. This has been
fixed. I would be willing to sell it for a lot less than a
rebuild. It has less than 500 hours, can't remember exactly
but I have it written down on the engine.

The MAX PROP numbers follow:
560 m.m
22º
X =E XRAY – ECHO
Y = D YANKEE – DELTA

Consult your MAX PROP manual if this reads like Greek to
you.

Best regards,
Joel F. Potter
AMEL 54 "HOLLIS" Hull #14