Re: Bowthruster does not rise far enough on Super Maramu

asm283 <no_reply@...>

Hi Mark

I am not sure that your setup is the same as the one on Wanderer
hull # 283. So this is how I adjust my Bow thruster.

If you observe the assembly as it rises and falls you will see that
there is a rod with two metal arrows on it.One at the top and the
other on the bootom. These arrows press on a button and this tells
the motor when to stop running. These arrows can be adjusted quite
easily using and allen wrench. Its quite simple once you do it.

Good luck.

Vito Ciaravino

ASM 283

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "markmpitt" <mark_pitt@...>
wrote:

A couple of days ago I did some work on the bow thruster that
involved
partly removing the motor as well as changing the seals and the
oil in
the bow thruster prop assembly. I have it all back together now
but I
cannot get the whole thing to ascend far enough to put the safety
pin
in place unless someone stands under the boat (it is on the hard)
and
pushes up with some force. Before this maintenance, I could insert
the safety pin judge by pulling lightly on the cable. How can I
adjust
things so that I can get the motor to rise a small amount more so
that
I can insert the safety pin? There were two spongy seals on
between
the prop assembly and the hull, so I replaced them with two new
seals.
Could two seals be the source of the problem?

Mark Pitt
"Sabbatical III" ASM #419