Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] AMEL 54 Bamar Furler

Peter Forbes

Alex, in my humble opinion as a new (2 years) Amel 54 owner this yacht is simply the best blue water cruising boat on the market. It is a tragedy that Amel stopped building this brilliant model. I was concerned before my upcoming circumnavigation about the Bamar furlers so I replaced them with Reckmann. These seem very good and reliable.

Good luck with your decision.

Peter Forbes

On 18 Jun 2015, at 15:32, alexramseyer@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi AMEL54 owners,

I'm considering buying an AMEL54 and occasionally followed some interesting conversations in this group. One of the topics that struck me was the Problem around the BAMAR genoa furler. As I haven't read about this recently, I'm wondering if that problem has been solved? If yes - how? Is is safe to sail remote with this furling system? If yes which exact release would you recommend? Which spare parts should be taken on board?

Thank you very much for your advice,

Regards, Alex