Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Dessalator High Pressure Hoses

karkauai

I really don't like those connectors.  It sounds like they've caused a lot of damage on many boats when they fail...mine included.  The crimped high pressure fittings are much less likely to fail and aren't expensive if you get them elsewhere ($35 plus shipping a few years ago at Charleston Rubber and Gasket).  I carry two spares and will probably never need them.
Kent
SM243
Kristy

On Jun 19, 2015, at 8:41 AM, divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Yeah, I had this issue too, salt water spraying around the engine room...caught it quickly as I was in the galley and saw the pressure gauge drop rapidly...and turned the system off...

Good idea to to put some heavy tube covers over the connectors...its not the connectors that fail but where they connect to the tube...its the tube that fails...you can trim it off once or twice, but then you will eventually need more tube'
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437