Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Dessalator High Pressure Hoses

Ian Shepherd

 I believe that the threads on the connectors are 9/16th. I am not sure of the thread type but I will try and visit my hydraulic shop Monday and get the exact spec.

Ian Shepherd SM2K 414 Crusader (2003) Larnaca Cyprus

On 11/06/2015 18:05, yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

The Dessalator 160 Liter water maker has do it yourself (DIY) High Pressure fittings on the hoses. The ends come off and you can install them on new hose with just simple tools.

My experience and my experience in this group tells me these have about a 5 year life as long as they are not exposed to caustic chemicals, overuse of pickling chemicals, or petroleum products. This life is not dependent on use, but age only.

If you happen to go over five years, the salt water spewing in your engine compartment can be very destructive.

The hose on BeBe is marked:

ZEC VE740000 SAE  100 R7 5/16" Made in Italy

I am due for replacement and hope to get some soon.

In my case I figure 5 meters is plenty.

Best,

Bill

BeBe #387