Water maker

John and Anne on Bali Hai <hollamby@...>

Hi Gary,
Thanks for the pics of the guts of the watermaker which seem to be
incredibly complex and it also seems from the website unreliable.
I have not dared to use mine since the recent spate of reports and
have grave doubts about the reliability of the installation. I have
ordered an RDS meter which has yet to arrive but in the meantime I
wonder if one of the fuses have gone. It seems from yor pics that
they are not in the box behind the panel in the galley which does
not want to come out easily. Is this fuse box panel hidden behind
the ply cover to the galley panel in the big cockpit locker? My boat
came with detailed instructions for everything except the intestines
of the watermaker and so I remain in total ignorance of its intimate
parts and maintenance. I do how ever remember Olivier telling me
that we did not have to bother with treating the machine with any
chemicals and should only flush it with product water after use if
it was not going to be used for more than a couple of weeks. We have
followed this advice for four years without any problems but recent
stuff on this site has got me frightened. Anyhow thanks for your
efforts on our behalf.
Best wishes, John SM 319