Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Repower

Richard03801 <richard03801@...>

Yep back in Newport. Yes we had a coupling failure on the way to Malta 3 of the 4 pins broke.
Between there and Boston we put about 500 hours on the Yanmar with no issues. We did a good deal of motor sailing given light winds and a very weak battery bank. Our burn rate at 1200 was 2 liters per hour clean bottom and new auto prop.

Fair Winds Smooth Sailing To All
Capt Richard
RP Yacht Brokerage
Newport RI
We list sell and service fine yachts including Amel's
Cell 603 767 5330

On Jun 26, 2015, at 11:24, Germain Jean-Pierre jgermain@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Richard,

Back in RI??  How many hours of sailing/engine did you do on the SM you moved from Goček?

Saw you had issues in Malta…

Cheers,

Jean-Pierre Germain
SY Eleuthera, SM 007

On 26 Jun 2015, at 18:19, Richard03801 richard03801@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Take a look at posts Kent has on this site. Not isolating the engine will over a very short time cause a issues with the Amel drive and engine. The old saying an once of prevention.

Fair Winds Smooth Sailing To All
Capt Richard
RP Yacht Brokerage
Newport RI
We list sell and service fine yachts including Amel's
Cell 603 767 5330

On Jun 26, 2015, at 07:51, alex.paquin@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

So what would be the consequences on not isolating the engine ´s negative on all electrical sensors, actuators and alternators?

Alex Paquin
Simpatico Hull 94
Older Maramu 1981

Posted by: Richard03801 <richard03801@...>