Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Water maker power draw

Ian Shepherd <ocean53@...>

Gary,

I fitted an AC current meter by drilling two holes in the left hand side of
the grey plastic 220V box just to the right of the cupboard above the sink.
The holes matched the two threaded studs the poke out of the back of the
meter. I then bolted the appropriate leads in the AC system supply to the
studs and presto, one very useful bit of kit which is viewable whenever the
cupboard door is open. Total cost about $10. It measures AC load from both
shore power and the genset.

I have a 160 Ltr/hour water maker too, and the total AC current draw is 17
amps at full output.

I note your further investigations to the sality probe function. When I get
Crusader back in the water in abou 4 weeks time, I will do the same test
that you did. What did you use to bung the hole that the probe screws into?

Regards

Ian SM 414 Crusader

#331 `DoodleBug'

Yahoo! Groups Links