Re: Autohelm ST7000 will not leave Standby

eamonn.washington@...

Hi

many thanks for all of the tips.  I will try these options in the short term (next weeks), and I will probably get in a local marine electronics workman if I can't fix it myself.  In the medium term, I will install a new system after visiting a couple of boat shows in the Autumn.  In any case I will post back here the cause of the problem when I know it.

For the replacement system from Raymarine, I saw in this thread and others that EV400 is referred to.  On Raymarines website I see:
 - EV1 (the sensor, 12V, dia. 140mm, 0.29kg)
 - ACU 400 (12v or 24v, 30A, clutch connection 4A, 12/24V) [Actuator Control Unit]
 - P70 (cockpit display and controls)
Is this the combination you mean when EV400 is mentioned?  Also, does the EV1 sensor replace the fluxgate compass?  How suitable is this equipment for a Super Maramu?

Thanks
Eamonn
SM #151, St Raphael, France