Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] A/C Saltwater Pump

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

HI BILL,

I thought SM2K’s had Klimma AC units?

I accepted Riza’s suggestion that Webasto was a better choice for out refit…

I can state that our Webasto is doing great in 95F temps with 100% humidity.  Working on deck is part calvary now!!!

Almost done… should be sailing within 2 days….  But we’ll return to Goček to pick up a pair of freeloaders (friends) on 18th then off to GR islands and IT…

:-)

On 9 Jul 2015, at 11:56, yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

If you are looking for a replacement or a spare, here is something perfect, I think. I bought one as a spare.

March pump AC-5C-MD 230v 1020 gph Replacement pump for Cruisair PMA1000C

I probably should install it because it has a magnet drive impeller which separates and, in-effect, isolates the pump from the motor. This solves the issue with the Amel-installed Calpeda BCM20E pump which is that the Amel bonding system is connected to the case of the pump and the 230V earth is also connected to the case of the pump. This causes a connection between the Amel bonding system and earth. ABYC would want that connection, but I think Henri Amel may have missed this as I believe it is the only earth to bonding system connection on the SM.

Bill

BeBe