Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Thank you Kent !!! Loose bolt in C-drive and broken spurrs

karkauai

Hi Eric,
I can't find that pic now either.  You'll see when you remove the bolt completely.
From the center of the hole out it's bolt->SS Sleeve
->Rubber sleeve-> Bigger rubber sleeve.
If there's no movement of the foot from side to side, just replace the bolt with some waterproof grease on the threads and, to quote Craig, "Bob's your Uncle".
Kent

On Jul 11, 2015, at 8:10 PM, sailormon kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Kent,

My C-Drive bolt was sealed with a rubbery substance and was slightly domed at the top , I always thought it was a rubber cap for something.

I do not understand what you are speaking about with respect to the bushings.

Could you Please direct me to a drawing of the drive. I know it is somewhere on our site.

Fair Winds

Eric