From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2015 3:47 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Stay sail

How close to the wind can those who have added the inner stay sail?  It would have to be a lot closer to justify the cost and questionable effect on resale value.

I've heard it said that "gentlemen don't go up wind" anyway.

Kent

SM243

Kristy

On Jul 17, 2015, at 3:18 PM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Paul,

There are a number if reasons why I would not install one and I believe only one reason to do it. The one reason that I know of to install one is to be able to sail closer than 54 degrees true.

Is there another reason to install one?

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+39 333 121 8115 Italy Mobile
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Jul 17, 2015 8:28 PM, "osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

We are planning to let Emek marine in Turkey install an inner fore stay, I have seen that some of you have installed an inner fore stay, example Brava and Pilgrim, but they have chosen different solutions, either to have it parallel to the fore stay up to the upper spreader then needing runners or up just below the fore stay fittings. I have not yet decided which way to go, and would be very interested to hear from SM owners who have experiences with inner fore stay, what they would think is the best way, and is it worth doing it at all?

If chosen to the upper cross tree how large are your stay sail?

Paul on S/Y Kerpa