Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Stay sail

Paul Osterberg

Thank you all for your input I'm rather convinced that a stay sail is well worth to have, have not yet decided if with or without runners.
The disadvantage to have to furl the genua when tacking, must be a small sacrifice for a gentleman, however for me obvious not an gentleman as I can enjoy a good up wind sailing in moderate wind, as a new owner of a SM I'm impressed with the speed going upwind at moderate winds however not impressed about the pointing ability but she in that respect perform as expected. What also surprised me was how sensitive she is for trim and especially how important to sheet the missen correctly as well as the missen car, I'm just in the beginning of the learning curve
Paul on SY Kerpa SM #259