Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Stay sail

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

Yes I know that, but don't use True Wind as a measurement. We use the function to sail on a wind angel, and the figures you use, and get, is apparent.

Regards
Ann-Sofie
S/Y Lady Annila SM 232

Skickat från min iPad

19 jul 2015 kl. 10:56 skrev 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Ann-Sofie,

The B&G Hydra will show true wind...refer to the manual.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 10:34 AM, Ann-Sofie Svanberg kanalmamman@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

We don't have any inner stay. But it is on my husbands wish list. So wecare following this discussion with big interest.

Just a few questions. When you furl the genoua in to make the tack, doesn't boat loose speed then, and making it difficult to complete the tack?
My husband says that you don't furle the whole genoua in, but aren't the sails chafing each other in every tack then?

We have changed the original genoua to a slightly bigger and with a different design, and that gives us the possibility to sail 42 degrees apparent wind ( can't convert that to True Wind that Bill spoke off).
 In heavy winds we add an extra sheet and snatch block and sheet the genoua on the inside of the rail. Giving us some extra degrees towards the wind. Ofcourse we cannot tack with this solution since we only have snatch block on one side of the boat.

/Ann-Sofie
S/YLady Annila SM 232
Present in Gibraltar

Skickat från min iPad