Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Chain Locker Drainage

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

You can clean the chain locker through the waterproof port pictured on the same page in the manual.

Let all your anchor chain out. Select the smallest crew member and send them to that port with a water hose or better a high pressure washer. You may be able to get things unclogged with just water and spraying. If not, you will have to get access through the hose and valve with a piece of rigging wire, or some other stiff wire.

Lesson: Never allow mud in the chain locker...clean the chain as you take it in. If not, you will have this problem.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Currently in Barcelona
Sent from my tablet
+39 333 121 8115 Italy Mobile
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

Thanks B & J,

I believe it should be the same and actually spotted the pipe and the valve before, but seems like the only access to Chain locker hole is through the same joint of the pipe.

Brgds

To: "amelyachtowners@..." <amelyachtowners@...>
Cc: santorinlo18@...
Sent: Monday, July 20, 2015 2:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Chain Locker Drainage

I am not sure because I have little experience with a Santorin, but a Super Maramu's chain locker drains into the gray water sump. There is a valve below the bow thruster that needs to be open for it to drain. Also, putting muddy chain in the locker will stop up the drain...

I attached a photo of the drain valve in a SM

I hope this helps.

Bill
BeBe #387

On Mon, Jul 20, 2015 at 12:42 PM, santorinlo18@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi, (SANATORIN) can anyone tell where is the draining hole of the chain locker and the access to it???

I have just observed some water in the chain locker, the access to it is from the starboard side of front cabin (removing the plate), but the drainage is seem to be at the portside (into the pipe >>> into the bilge by the pipe coming from anchor washing pump) but no visible access from the chain locker side.

Thanks

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.