Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] U-drive oil

Hi Judy, When we bought Pen Azen new we were told 15W40 and it seems to have worked happily ever since. Incidentally, as well as the two external and one internal soft foam rings to be replaced on the bowthruster you can also replace the hard seal which sits inside the boat . Once the shaft is out of the boat you have to work at it with your fingers till it allows itself to be prized loose but a good hard push down will relocate the new one.
Fair winds, Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Uruguay

From: "jrjrjrouse2000" <sailingjudy@gmail.com>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] U-drive oil
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 22:33:14 -0000

We pulled our Autoprop for service, thus draining the oil for the U-
drive. Looking for verification of weight of oil for replacement.
Notes we have from previous postings on this website state 15W40, but
the sticker in the engine room on the place where the oil should be
added states 20W40.

Can anyone confirm which is correct?

Judy Rouse
S/V Security