Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Engine mountreplacement

seagasm@...

I am going through the same exercise at present.I do have the Vetus catalog and at the time of writing, the four engine mounts appear to be that of part MITSTEUN. These are holding up the frame bed the engine (TMD22A) is attached to. There are two further mounts securing the drive unit, these appear to be either of the type, HY100 or HY150 or HY230. Incidentally, the four flexible couplings are part TYPE 6.

My question here at this point is: before I dismantle and replace the mounts above the "C" drive, am I required to provide some sort of support to prevent the unit from dropping out the bottom of the boat (sort of)?

Kind Regards.
Barry & Robyn
Tradewinds III SM 171