Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Super Maramu 2000 Salon Interior

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Andrew,

I had a career in furniture manufacturing. I know a little more about the process than most. The most important factors are design, fabric, cushion core construction, and sewing techniques.

I interviewed several candidates for the job and settled on what I think is a very good one.

We changed the look and design of the cushions to be more up-to-date by removing the channels sewn into the cushion covers, raised the height of the back slightly, and changed the back design to be more comfortable. We kept the general design of the bullnose seat cushions but removed the channels. We made some other minor changes to the cushion dimensions and probably not noticeable to anyone but me. One added feature ias that all of the seating surfaces of the cushions have a 25mm layer of Viscoelastic foam (memory foam) glued to the top of HR 3.5 (High Resilience Foam). This will make the buttery feel of UltraLeather even more buttery.

We chose UltraLeather in an Ivory color. There are hundreds of knock-offs of UltraLeather... We are using the original which is made in Japan.

We are using double-needle stitching for many off the seams and French stitching for the remainder.

Tomorrow I will see the new foam cores as they are being brought to the boat for a fitting.

This same project cost a good friend about 7,000 euros in Hyeres, France. That job was well done and I posted some photos on the Amel Owner's Group website. It will be less here in Barcelona. I am very sure that we will get the same quality.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+39 333 121 8115 Italy Mobile
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Jul 27, 2015 2:36 PM, "Andrew Lamb andrew.lamb@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Bill

We are quite interested in changing our cushions sometime soon I would be very interested in what you have opted for both in terms of materials and who you are getting to make them for you and ultimately your opinion of the final result.

All the best.

Andrew & Kate

Ronpische

SM472