Re: BOWTHRUSTER SEAL PROBLEMS

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Eric:

On my bow thruster the flat side of the seal faced the sea water and propeller,
while the concave side with the spring faced the recess in the bow thruster.

The bow thruster recess is made of fiberglass so it is necessary to be very
careful when removing the seal not to damage the seat area of the recess. Also,
since the seal didn't fit particularly tighly in its recess I used a little RTV
(room temperature vulcanizing) silicone sealant to help assure that it
stayed in place. This I did at the suggestion of Ray Eaton (Amels service
rep in Ft. Lauderdale).

Regards,

Gary Silver Amel SM 2000 Hull # 335

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, eric <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Vito,

The lip seal on the bow thruster's propeller shaft has 2 sides one flat side
and one concave side with a spring showing.

Which side faces the sea water and propeller?

Fair Winds,

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376 Kimberlite

_____