Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Keel moving???
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, July 27, 2015, 11:19 PM

Alexandre,If memory serves me
there are at least a dozen 25-30 mm bolts holding the keel
on.I doubt it will ever
loosen.When heading back to
the USA we hit a whale doing 10 ½ knots in the trade winds
with our big gennakerup. It stopped us in 5
feet. In fact one person was standing by the saloon table
and wound up in the forward berth.  As the whale swam past
our starboard side I could see his size. Much bigger than
Kimberlite. I swear he looked me in the eye and flipped me a
flipper.  I started the engine to
scare off any other whales, and we checked the bilges. When
the sea calmed down a few days later I dove on the boat and
no problem. I have hauled Kimberlite every year for 13 years
and still no problems.   Fair
WindsEricKimberlite Amel Super
Maramu #376    From: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com