Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Sail Furling Gearbox Specification

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Ian,

A year ago or maybe less Maud told me she had a bronze gear for the furler gearbox in stock.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+39 333 121 8115 Italy Mobile
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Jul 30, 2015 4:06 PM, "Ian Shepherd sv_freespirit@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Ian Shepherd SM2K Crusader (2003) Larnaca Cyprus
Hi Bill,

I was dealing with Transdrive who deal with Leroy, now Emmerson whoever they are ........ Transdrive were interested in selling a one off and they work closely with Leroy. I doubt if Amel will sell just the gearwheel I need, but they are presently selling me a complete unit. Maybe I will find a machine shop that can copy the bronze gear.

Ian

SM2K Crusader Cyprus

On 30/07/2015 08:51, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Ian,

I bought my spare from Amel SAV.

I do not think that you will save too much more than about 100 euros if Emmerson agrees to sell you...AND...Leroy Somer previously had a minimum order of about 10...maybe Emmerson is different. This is the first I have heard of this Emmerson thing. I assume that you are correct?

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+39 333 121 8115 Italy Mobile
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Jul 30, 2015 9:45 AM, "Ian Shepherd sv_freespirit@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks Eric,

that's what I told them. Leroy Somers UK has been taken over by Emmerson and they refuse to trade without a photo of the nameplate which was a sticker and long gone. It's unbelievable that these people cannot identify this model from the photo I sent them from their own catalogue!

Ian Shepherd SM2K Crusader (2003) Larnaca Cyprus

On 29/07/2015 16:27, sailormon kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Ian,

The drawing that I have of the gearbox is labeled  Minibloc-MVA

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376