Turbocharger & exhaust smoke-the solution

sailormon <kimberlite@...>

I used to get a black smudge on my hull as most Amel owners do.

I was advised by Joel to put on multiple layers of Teflon based wax in that area.

That worked pretty well.

Now I use Howells fuel treatment available at most fuel oil terminals’ .

Not only is it a biocide, they guarantee 5% better fuel economy. Cleaner injectors and better fuel lubrication.

It is used to store fuel oil, and the #1 diesel treatment at Truck stops.

It was originally suggested to me by Yanmars’ chief mechanic.

Its magical stuff.

http://www.howeslube.com/meanerpowerkleaner.php

check out their fuel savings calculator.

I left one of my auxiliary fuel tanks half full all winter in the Caribbean.

I filled it up on leaving for New York.

We motored for 5 days straight. I looked at the 2 micron filter that I use (I believe Yanmar recommends 10 micron).

today It was clean after burning over 200 gallons of diesel.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376