Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Sail Furling Gearbox Specification

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Eric,

It may not be what you wanted to hear, but it makes perfect sense to me.

Earlier attempts by a member of this group to buy the gearbox direct were deflected by requiring a minimum order. It seems they want to sell these to their customer...and not their customer's customer.

Many suppliers are this way. Some are a little more sophisticated using price and quantity discounts to cause the deflection.

Amel has them in stock in France. Amel Caribe has them in Martinique, and EMEK Marine has them in Turkey. I don't think anyone has checked pricing to see if one is better, but most likely you should use the closest because of shipping costs.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+39 333 121 8115 Italy Mobile
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Aug 4, 2015 5:55 AM, "sailormon kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Today I heard from the Transdrive company in England after receiving the correct model number and serial number of the gearbox.

Here is their answer.

Good Morning,

Thank you for the serial number, you need to contact AMEL Chantiers in France in order to purchase. We cannot offer this unit.

Matt.

It is like a dog chasing his tail

Fair Winds

Eric