Sail Furling Gearbox Specification--Stern Bumper

sailormon <kimberlite@...>

Bill,

I bought a few gearboxes from Leroy Somers here in the USA.

They contained all the essential parts but needed roller bearings.

I have a photo of what I received if you would like it.

I was doing some research for future use. I am going to get to the bottom of this and see if I can but a quantity

and distribute them to the group..

I also spoke with Maud to inquire about a new bumper for the stern. I have my last new one at home.

As we both like to have spares, I inquired, her response is that they no longer have the mold.  I did refinish my existing one on the boat and it lasted one year. I would refinish it one more time but the internal fixture that holds the bolts in place is bent and the bumper sits on the stern with some spacing.

The bumper seems to be made in 3 parts. The internal strip with bolts. A firm foam rubber and a very thick vinyl coating. I would like to fabricate a new bumper if anyone has an idea of how to do this.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376