Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Jib furling Rivets - Bolts

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

Paul, you can replace without adding silicone, as a temporarily solution and it is not necessary to separate the forstay from the furler if it is only two rivets that has broken.
Just replace the broken ones.
You can find those aluminium rivets in any DIY store. When your back home visit Biltema and buy a bunch.
But our advice is to change the rivets to the Amel bolts. Look in the photo section album "Jib Furling rivets - bolts".

Skickat från min iPad

6 aug 2015 kl. 14:12 skrev osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Kent

Thank you!
In the mean time I manage to get out enough with silicone to insert two new rivets, I will make a proper fix when convenient and enough rivets to fix it all, but  I assume it will take me a few miles until I'm in a harbor where I can get supplies
Paul