Re: Chain counter died

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Hi Eric:  I thought I wrote up trouble shooting of the sensor but I just looked & couldn't find them.  Get down on your knees at the windlass and peer into a small round hole on the side of the sensor housing, (looking from port to starboard)  You should see an illuminated orange colored LED.  If you don't see the LED lit up then the sensor is bad.  Try a reboot  as Bill suggested.  The good news is that your display isn't dead.  Good luck.

PS the sensor is held in place with a bead of RTV, if you remove it make sure to pay attention to the orientation of the LED indicator and the depth in the housing.

Gary Silver
s/v Liahona