Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Forestay furling

Herbert Lackner

Thank you Bill,

I removed the motor as far as I could (on anchor, to take the motor out complete I would have to open all the cables) and put some grease in the gearbox,  now it is better, maybe only grease is missing. Stupid question: is it necessary to grease the unit periodically? Has anyone some instructions how to do that?

We made the service in kusadasi in turkey, and nearly everything that the mechanics did there made problems  later, we had to rework everything step by step. So it would not surprise me if they did not grease it

Fair winds, herbert

KALI MERA SN 120
Vulcano, Italy