Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Fakir heater replacement

Stephen Davis

Hello Dan and welcome to the group. We also purchased a 1992 SM #72 last year, and are at the end of a year long refit prior to setting sail. We have updated and renewed much of the boat, and are just about done repowering with a new Yanmar.

With regards to the heaters, ours were in good shape, but needed a couple of knobs. My wife contacted Fakir by email (in Germany I believe), and they responded that our heater was no longer supported. With that said, we found a heater on their web site which looks like a close replacement. Where is your new boat located? If you are in Europe, I suspect you can get a replacement fairly easy, but it will be more difficult in the USA.

There is not much we have not updated on our boat, an if we can offer any advice or help, please contact us at flyboyscd at gmail dot com. Congratulations on the new boat, and good luck with your projects.

Regards,

Steve and Liz Davis
Aloha SM 72
St Augustine, FL

On Aug 16, 2015, at 11:19, dwilcox123@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello.

I recently purchased a 1992 Super Maramu and am in the process of getting her back into shape.  When I went to clean the heaters, I found there had actually been fire where 40% of Fakir heater has melted away.  Needless to say it needs to be replaced.  Has anyone found a replacement or alternative?

Thanks, Dan

Feierabend #86