Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Fresh Water Pump / expansion tank - IDRO ECOINOX

Andrew & Kate Lamb

Hi Alan

Thanks - sounds like the membrane as it doesn't cycle unless a tap is switched on.

Andrew
SM472

On 23 Aug 2015, at 12:58, divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Andrew,

We don't have an expansion tank behind the hot water cylinder, just the one on the fresh water pump.
My experience if the pump is cycling on and off is
1. there's a leak somewhere causing the pressure to drop
2. the membrane in the pressure vessel is ruptured and the whole system is full of water - replace the membrane.
3. least likely, the pressure switch is faulty....
Hope that might help
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437