Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Empty black water tank from the deck plug

Ann-Sofie Svanberg <kanalmamman@...>

Ours is shaped as a cone.
Take a broad screwdriver and a piece of wood to protect your hull and to give you a small angel. Gently push to lid upwards with the screwdriver from different locations. The first time is a hard one.
It works in the same way as the lid on the hole for the security rudder in top of the aft cabin.

/Ann-Sofie
S/Y Lady Annila SM 232, 1998
Present at Sicilly

Skickat från min iPad

23 aug 2015 kl. 10:37 skrev 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Paul,

I believe that there are several types of black water access ports on SM's. BeBe 387 simply unscrews and the piece that you unscrew looks similar to the fuel or water ports.

Maybe a photo of what you have is needed.

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 10:28 AM, osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

As a new owner I wonder how do one open the deck plug for the black water tank?

mine looks as they newer have been opened and are stuck

Paul on SYKerpa SM#259