Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Watermaker TDS and RIB

Dear John and Anne, Thanks for those tips. Judy, who is a great water drinker, has a prejudice against the water maker water even though I catch her out on a regular basis with blind tastings against whatever bottled water she has obliged me to lug back from some distant supermarket. As a result I have bought the portable TDS meter so that we can have further competitions on board between the Made water and the Bought water. I am sure the Made water will beat the Bought water on a regular basis but, after 35 years of marriage the innermost workings of Judy's mind are still a complete mystery to me so I am not holding my breath that I shall be able to change her preference.Still, we shall have fun doing all our comparisons. Watch this space! Ian.

From: "John and Anne on Bali Hai" <hollamby@compuserve.com>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Watermaker TDS and RIB
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 14:39:49 -0000

Dear Ian and Judy,
My watermaker has done about 255 hours. We use it for all our onboard
water. I bought the DM1 model TDS and now I wish I had the DM2 as it
never occurred to me that the screen on the DM1 would be so tiny that
it very hard to see the x10 reading flashing when the machine is
turned on.You will need the one to fit 3/8 ths inch tubing if you have
the 160 ltr ph model.
Incidentally if you are about to order the RIB ask them to fit an
extra handle either side in front of the thwart so peole sitting
forward have something to hold on to. They did this for me ,no charge.

Good luck, Anne and John SM319

Yahoo! Groups Links