Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Fresh Water Pump / expansion tank - IDRO ECOINOX

Andrew & Kate Lamb

Bill

That would be very helpful – pretty sure this is the problem – the water visibly pulses with the motor coming on and off – and leave it off for a while and  there is still initially pressure, which clearly drops very quickly.

Thanks

Andrew

Ronpische

SM2k 472

Canet en Roussillion, France

Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2015 4:27 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Fresh Water Pump / expansion tank - IDRO ECOINOX

Andrew,

Pinmar Supply in Barcelona sells this pump. Do you want me to ask them what needs to be replaced if the expansion tank fails? Maybe just the membrane?

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+39 333 121 8115 Italy Mobile
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

We have an IDRO ECOINOX combined pump and water expansion tank unit installed – we don’t have the standard expansion tank fitted behind the hot water heater. We now have the water pump rapidly cycling when running water – I assume therefore there is a problem with the expansion tank. I wondered if anyone else had this sort of pump installed and had any manuals / tech information on it – We don’t seem to have any in the boat manuals and there is a dearth of information on the internet. I would guess an option might be to fit a standard expansion tank behind the hot water heater but I am not sure of the size and manufacturer of what is fitted as standard in the earlier Amels?

Thanks

Andrew

SM 472

Canet en Roussillon

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.