Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Fridge in the galley, SM

Germain Jean-Pierre <jgermain@...>

Hello Ann-Sofie,

We just installed a new keel cooled refrigerator with drawers.  After a month of use, we are very pleased with it.  It draws little “juice” and cools very well even in water temps above 29C and has much more efficient use of its volume.  It fits into the space with few modifications.

However, like anything, there are compromises… being keel cooled means another through hull fitting and the remote compressor impinges on the adjoining cabinet.

Ours is the Frigoboat 135 liter version.  I would think Mr Henri would have considered such a compromise…

Cheers,

Jean-Pierre Germain,
SY Eleuthera, SM007

On 26 Aug 2015, at 20:13, kanalmamman@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Someone posted a while ago that they had installed a fridge with drawers in the galley.

I can't find the post now, and we are in the progress to change our originsl one from 1998.

And are really interested in that solution.

Regards

Ann-Sofie

S/Y Lady Annila

SM #232, 1998