Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Lofrans Tigre Windlass intermittently unresponsive to helm or unit switches.

Bill & Judy Rouse <yahoogroups@...>

Drew,

It is surely the anchor control box which is mounted on the reverse side of where the breaker and switch for the bow thruster and windlass is...which is inside the most forward cabinet on the port side.

There is a convenient Amel Thumb Nut which removes the board for access and long enough pigtails to easily work on this. Inside the control box are two solenoids one for up and the other down. The contacts are likely burnt from use and you need to replace the entire box. Try to find a Lofrans control box because it will mount much easier to mount...you will see why.

An emergency repair can sometimes be done by cleaning the solenoid contacts, but this is not recommended as those contacts might stick and you will have a run-away anchor.

Best,

Bill 387

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 1:00 AM, 'Gaffney, Drew' drew.gaffney@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Our windlass begun failing to respond to either the helm panel joystick or the buttons on the windlass itself. I've changed windlass buttons several times, but in those cases, one button failed, but the other worked and the helm-station control was not affected.
Power is getting to the control box, but it appears that nothing is coming out. I assume that this box is the 'common final pathway for activation with either set of switches.
Has anyone had a similar problem with neither pair of switches working? Has anyone replaced the control box?
What were it's failure symptoms?
Where was the replacement purchased. I will check Imtra tomorrow.
I've not found this topic on the UserGroup web site, but searching isn't always fruitful. Feel free to refer me to previous messages.
Thank you.
Drew
SY Revelation SM390
Lying Rebel Marina, Norfolk VA