From: seafeverofcuan@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Thu, Aug 27, 2015 8:28 am
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Lofrans Tigre Windlass intermittently unresponsive to helm or unit switches.

Drew,
         I have had exactly that problem, the culprit appeared to be carbon dust from the motor brushes (there are four) which either stopped the windlass from working, or alternatively caused the chain to run away.
Once I cleaned it up and also checked and cleaned the conniptions as Bill describes  it all ran normally .

Trevor Lusty
Seafever of Cuan
SM 425 Redline
Mexico