Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow thruster lip seals

Kent Robertson

I'm anchored on the main channel just S of Goat Island, across from the 120 ft Ketch.
828-234-6819 mobile or text
Kent

On Aug 31, 2015, at 3:51 PM, Richard03801 richard03801@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Kent where are you in Newport?

Fair Winds Smooth Sailing To All
Capt Richard
RP Yacht Brokerage
Newport RI
We list sell and service fine yachts including Amel's
Cell 603 767 5330

On Aug 31, 2015, at 10:12, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I also think it helps to pack the seals with grease.
Kent
SM243
Kristy
Currently Newport RI

On Aug 31, 2015, at 9:49 AM, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Mark,

Yes,

I think using RTV on the propeller shaft seal improved the water tightness. Blue or Clear works.

I guess that I should update the instructions in the files section.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+39 333 121 8115 Italy Mobile
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Aug 31, 2015 1:54 PM, "'Mark Erdos' mcerdos@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill,

I am a little confused (very normal for me). Are you saying to use blue RTV on the lower oil seal behind the prop? I was aware that RTV should be used on the upper 80mm lip seal inside the locker, but not the lower lip seal.

With best regards,

Mark

Super Maramu 2000

Hull #275

www.creampuff.us

Currently cruising: Chesapeake Bay - Solomon