Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] watermaker,TDS meter

amelliahona <no_reply@...>

Ian:

Have you tried orienting the sensor horizontally or inverted? I found that my
sensor didn't give consistent readings when I had it mounted vertically. I think
that perhaps the probes weren't long enough and there was an air bubble
trapped when it was upright. See the photo of my installation in the photo
section and you will see that my sensor is now mounted horizontally and in
that orientation any air in the system is washed past the probes yet the sensor
probes remain imersed in product water. Just a thought.

Regards, Gary

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Shepherd" <ocean53@...> wrote:

Hi John,

Is your TDS meter made by HM Digital? Mine is, and no matter where I put it
in the blue output line, all I get is an 'Err' message when the water maker
is producing water. It does give a reading when the flow is stopped, i.e.
Just after shutdown, and it works fine in a cup of water. It seems not able
to cope with a decent flow rate. I have tried just after the membrane output
and just after the control panel with the same result. I have waited 5-10
minutes as per Gary's suggestion, but get the same result.

I would appreciate any advice. Like you, I have never used chemicals on my
membranes. Only the occasional back flush with self made water when not in
use for a while.

Cheers

Ian Shepherd SM 414 Crusader