From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2015 7:36 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Pipe for pushing seals into C-drive

Alan,

Schedule 40 is mostly an American term. It means thicker-walled PVC...or technically it means: "Based on the NPS (North American set of standard sizes for pipes) and schedule (North American dimensional number for wall thickness) of a pipe, the pipe outside diameter (OD) and wall thickness can be obtained from reference tables which are based on ASME standards B36.10M and B36.19M. For example, NPS 14 Sch 40 has an OD of 14 inches and a wall thickness of 0.437 inches."

I bet that is more than you wanted to know.

Bill

BeBe 387

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 1:21 PM, divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks Mike,'

What does "Schedule 40" mean in terms of specification ?

Cheers

Alan

Elyse SM437