Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Genoa furling gearbox leaking

Giovanni TESTA

Yes, Bill, as I supposed. It is always useful the exchange experinces/ideas. For now it is dripping, so...
Thanks K
Buon Vento
Gianni

Il 03/09/2015 16.29, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] ha scritto:

Giani,

No I do not know, but believe it has to be dropped...which is the reason that many have not done it.

I assume that if it is dripping, there is still grease in there.

Bill
BeBe 387

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 6:19 PM, Giovanni Testa gtesta23@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Ciao Bill,
do you know if it is possible to refill the forestay without removing it ? From the top? which grease?
Many thanks
Gianni
sv EUTIKIA SM 428

Il 03/09/2015 15.36, 'Bill & Judy Rouse' yahoogroups@... [amelyachtowners] ha scritto:

Peter,

FORESTAY
The forestay grease is recommended every 5 years. Some people never do this. Chances are your SM has never been done.

FURLING GEARBOX
Regarding the gearbox, I recommend that you have a grease fitting added to the furling gearbox and that you add waterproof grease once a year.

Bill Rouse
BeBe Amel 53 #387
Sent from my tablet
+34 600 659 769 Spain Mobile
+1832-380-4970 USA Voice Mail

On Sep 3, 2015 5:23 PM, "mausi@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill,

you exactly described how it is dropping out... Happy (more or less) to hear that in hot climates this happens and is normal. It will take lots of time until Iam in turkey. Does it make sense to refill from time to time? What would you use?

Thanks Bill,
Peter