Shore Power Plug: Thanks for the input

rbenven44 <no_reply@...>

Hello Arnold and Delores & Gene,
Your input is very helpful. Our SM is 1997 vintage, with both
220V & 120V input (the latter via step-up transformer). We have
gotten used to the variety of shore power plugs in Europe, and have a
collection of about 10. Polarity testing is important everywhere, as
is voltage testing. We know two SMs that fried everything on board
by plugging in to what turned out to be 440Volts!
So in addition to the 30amp plug on my 110Volt cable, I will buy
a 50amp to 30amp adapter for those big marinas. Thanks!! See you in
the Caribbean.
Roy Benveniste SM 195 "Excalibur"