Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Water Maker --a question to Joel

ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@hotmail.com>

Dear Joel, For a man who has a wealth of experience and valuable information on everything to do with Amel boats, to say nothing of an abundance of opinions, your keyboard has been( unusually !)silent in the great debate concerning the watermaker and whether its little green light serves any useful purpose or not.I am sure you will have read that it now seems that the green light and the water sensor do not seem to serve the purpose which many of us had understood them to serve.
It is only fair to say that, despite this ,I calculate that we have made about 70,000 litres in the past 6 years without mishap,( we have the 60 lph model) but nonetheless it would be interesting to hear your take on the matter.
I will spare you the question as to whether Amel ever knew if the water sensor was not connected to anything but I would love to know whether you think we should continue to take any notice of the little green light and, if not ,what we should do to ensure that the product is drinkable.( For my part I do taste the stuff regularly directly from the little tap on the watermaker panel and I have now bought a portable TDS meter)
Fair winds, Ian and Judy Jenkins, Pen Azen, SM 302, Uruguay

Reply-To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Water Maker Membrane O-Ring Dimensions
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 14:12:18 -0000

18 June 2006

Eric:

The O-rings for the Dessalator 160 lph water maker membranes are
as follows:

End Cap O-rings (8 required) 3.5 mm - 56.6 mm ID, 61 mm OD

Product water bore in end cap (4 ? required) 2.65 mm - 18.5 mm ID
, 23.65 mm OD

Interconnect bobbin and high pressure hose connecting fittings
(8 required) 1.5 mm - 9 mm ID, 12 mm OD

O-rings are nitrile rubber (common type O-rings)

Regards, Gary

Yahoo! Groups Links

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.